Monday, August 15, 2016

Essential Questions

I like to share with you the essential questions that go along with each of our curricular units. These are great for sparking conversations at school and at home around our first grade topics. Essential questions are open-ended and the students are all answers are welcome. They are intended to be thought-provoking. Here are the EQ's for the units we are beginning.

Writing: Why do people write? What do people need to write?

Math: How can I use the math practices to help me become a better math mathematician? How can I communicate my math thinking? How can the relationship between addition and subtraction help me to solve problems? How does knowing many strategies help me to be a better problem solver?

Reading: How do readers communicate their thinking? What skills and strategies do people use to continually improve as readers? What makes reading enjoyable?

Social Studies: How can I help make my community a better place to be? What makes an effective community?

No comments:

Post a Comment