Thursday, January 3, 2019

Welcome Back!

The kids seemed excited to be back in action! Can you believe the school year is nearly half-way over? Here are the essential questions we are working on currently:

Writing:
What makes a good story?

Math:
How can understanding place value help me solve problems?
How are addition and subtraction related to counting?
How can I communicate my math thinking?

Reading: 
What makes a story?
How do readers use story elements to stay engaged with the text?
How do changes in the story elements influence the story?

Science:
How do I construct a set of statements that will provide the computer with step by step instructions for displaying a story?
What does technology let me do that I cannot do without using technology?
What strategies can I use so that I don't become frustrated if my program isn't working right?

No comments:

Post a Comment