Friday, August 31, 2018

Book Bags

Book bags will begin coming home Tuesday with your child. They will be able to bring home a book each evening from their book box. I have completed the first assessment and can begin on my 1:1 Fountas and Pinell reading assessments next week. Please remember that that data is really going to give me the best picture of where your child should be instructionally. Currently I am using data from kindergarten and a brief 1:1 reading with your child to determine what's in their book box. Also, keep in mind that the books your child is bringing home is to be a level or two LOWER than where I am instructing them here at school. If the books coming home seem wildly inappropriate (either way too easy or hard) please let me know! As we learn the new routines of changing out books, checking out books, etc. it does happen sometimes that kiddos get confused and have incorrect levels in their boxes.

As soon as I finish my assessments I can begin guided reading groups - my favorite!

Thanks for reading nightly with your child at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment